Friday 1 March 2013

Literacy Blog Number 2- Semester 2

     For Today's Blog Post we have to make a connection between something in our book to something that we have experienced. I am relating a part in my book which is the part when she refers to a summer that she will never forget. When I first saw this book and I read the title I thought about the Summer that I will never forget. Going into the first couple chapters nothing that happened in the book has happened to me. I am more just relating to all the times when she talks about the Summer that she will never forget. She always talks about her sisters ex boyfriend and how she felt that she really connected with her. Now she thinks everything has changed because her dad got re-married and her sister is getting married to. everything is falling apart. I can relate to this because in the Summer of July 2010 we went to our friends cottage in Netley Creek with 6 families. 12 adults and 17 children. We went for a weekend and I will never forget that Summer because that is the summer that us kids all bonded and got closer. We went swimming, tubing, and played games. I wish we would have a summer like that again because now that we are all getting older we never see each other anymore and we are all starting to drift apart. So, every time she talks about wishing that summer would come back I can relate to that because I wish the Summer of 2010 would happen again and we can all see each other.

3 comments:

  1. I`ve read this book so many times before, and I love all of Sarah Dessen`s books! I liked how well you connected it to your beach experience, it sounds quite a bit like the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read this book before, but it sounds really interesting. It reminds me the summers I went to Ukraine and spent time with my grandma and my cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read this book before too, and I loved this book because it reminded me of my summer vacations, and all the memories, just like how you connected it to your summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete