Friday 5 October 2012

Literary blog assingment number 4

     The author of my book is Nicholas Sparks. Sparks uses different kind of styles, depending on the character some of them use slang when communicating with each other but most of them speak more business- like. For example John and his dad speak more in formal when talking to each other, because John's dad speaks in very short sentences like only one word answers " I'll probably be sleeping." " I didn't mean it literally ". ( Sparks, 104 ) When you see Savannah and all her friends talk they talk in short sentences but more of a high vocabulary of words. Sparks chose to write Dear John in first person point of view. The book is organized into chapters but with three parts, Chapters 1-12, Chapters 12-16 and 16-20. I am just finishing Part 1 so I think that their would be a reason for splitting it up into 3 parts but I have not gotten their yet. I think Sparks decided to write it how he did so far because he doesn't think and love story is written in formal and because he wants to get it across to young girls to read it. I think it helps people understand love and the many ways it can go. The way the Sparks wrote the book really got across to me, I like love story and romantic novels but not all authors I like. I thought Sparks did a very good job of writing the book, it doesn't go into to much detail but enough detail for us to understand.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book Sarah! I'm reading the L.A. Candy trilogy by Lauren Conrad right now. I think you would enjoy these books since you like love stories. The books are girly and revolve around these girls and their relationships (well it is a big part of the book anyway). But it is not a romance novel. Something to consider after you finish reading Dear John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,I think I might.. is their a series to the book you are reading.

      Delete
  2. I've read that book before. I absolutely love Nicholas Sparks. I love how real the stories are, although I can't relate to any. You know it's a good book when you forget about the real world around you and you're in this alternate world of the author's. That happens to me a lot when reading his books. I'm reading Catching Fire by Susan Collins. It talks in first person and is present-tense. It's not exactly a romantic novel, but you should try it out anyways. Start with The Hunger Games and if you like it, continue on with the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I never have seen the movie either to the hunger games but yea maybe I will try it out ansd see how I like it.

      Delete