Friday 26 October 2012

Literary Blog Number 5

     My favourite scene in the book is when Savannah is with all of her friends at the pier during the day and her guy friend knocks her purse into the ocean and she starts freaking out. So, John dives into the ocean to retrieve her purse for her. John had just came back and he is on leave from the army and he is visiting is dad, Savannah is in Wilmington working with a group of people on a house while she is on her break from University. I like this scene because we get to meet Savannah and John together and see how they act around each other. At first John isn't sure whether he should or not but then Savannah starts yelling at her friend that knocked it in saying all of this valuable stuff that she has in it so at the moment John decides to jump in. While John and Savannah start talking I could tell that at that moment they would fall in love. I like that because then right away the book gets better because it starts right away not 10 chapters into the book but the first chapter so you get an idea of how the book will play out and you can make better predictions because you know more about the character. Making predictions for a book once you read the first couple chapters is hard because you don't always know all of the characters but in Dear John their are 3 main characters that we follow through the story and those characters are John, Savannah and John's Dad, we meet all of the characters and learn about them all in the first couple chapters.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds really good. I also like when they get into the book right from the start. Did you know that you have a random highlighted part in the paragraph?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book looks really good! I was wondering what your favorite character was John, Savannah, or John's Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Sydney. I noticed that, too. I've read this book before. This was one of my favourite scenes also. It's romantic and sweet. One of my favourites. Just wait until you get near the end of the book. It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a really good scene. I would really like to read that book. Maybe you could tell me more about the book sometime? Also, I agree that the book is better when you get to know the characters at the beginning. Who is your favourite character in the book?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounnds like such a heart warming scene! No wonder you liekd it so much! It sounds like this book won't be boring at all since you said it starts right with introducing the characters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good book so far Sarah! I have never read it, maybe I should add it to my list! Are you going to see the movie after you finish reading it or have you already?

    ReplyDelete